Duration: 20 hours
In a dynamic and fast changing world, those who can influence others by communicating persuasively and assertively stands to gain an advantage. Public speaking and presentation skills are the most desired skill set demanded by people and yet they are the most feared of activity for a lot among us.
Our structured, holistic and proven training program gives you all the skills, qualities and experience to confidently address a gathering and deliver effective presentations.
The following topics are covered:
• Self-assessment exercise by trainees to gauge their public speaking skills.
• The benefits of being a good public speaker
• What makes a good Speech and Process involved in delivering an effective public speech:
Ο Types and Styles
Ο Interpersonal skills for speeches- speaking with confidence, attitude and assertiveness.
Ο Researching the subject and the audience
Ο Venue and facilities
Ο Communication skills for speeches- verbal skills and body language
Ο Opening Techniques
Ο The concept of ‘message’.
Ο Structure of speech and speech delivery-
Ο Managing Nervousness, Control, and physiological factors.
Ο Tips to alleviate Stage fear
Ο Techniques: Top 5 rhetorical devices, use of humor, pausing for effect etc...
• Self-assessment exercise by trainees to gauge their presentation skills
• Business presentations- Purpose and importance
Ο Advanced Interpersonal skills for presentation
Ο Research: Venue, Facilities, Audience, Message, and Delivery
Ο Model presentation outline-Packaging the presentation- Message identification and delivery
Ο Use of multimedia- PowerPoint and beyond, Tips for effective slide creation
Ο Advanced verbal communication skills-Pitch, volume, pace, tone
Ο Body language and effective use of space during the presentation.
Ο Engaging the audience-Demanding action at the end.
Ο Confidence and Control-Importance of practice and preparation.
Ο More rhetorical devices
Ο Handling Q&A sessions, Objections, and Difficult audience
Who is it for:
• Professionals of all levels, Junior, Mid and senior Managers, Team leaders, Members of public, Senior students etc.
• Any professional who has to deliver presentations and/or address a gathering, as part of their work.
• Participants to identify their strength and weaknesses in public speaking and presentation skills
• To understand and practice the step by step process involved towards making an effective public speech and an interactive business presentation.
• Equip the trainees, with a level of competence where he/she can analyze the facts involved in a given idea/concept, arrange points logically and make a speech and presentation about it for a reasonable duration; in a confident, coherent and clear manner with proper body language; optimized for message and audience.
• Acquire and practice a set of essential skills and qualities pertinent to public speaking and presentations.
• The Training will be delivered in line with the latest adult learning principles.
• The training program is highly interactive in nature with training delivered with a combination of lectures, Prezi-presentations, practical examples, activities, role-plays, mock sessions, video presentations, discussions, energizers, Q&A and re-cap sessions etc.
• Trainees will be provided with courseware which includes, study material, handouts, and activity sheets etc.