Duration: 12 hours
With advances in travel and communication, the average office is globalized and comprises of individuals from varied cultures and countries. Organizations operate across different countries with diverse staff with diverse cultural back grounds. In order to work effectively as a team, and achieve business objectives, diverse staff need to understand each other in terms of culture and communicate effectively. Our comprehensive and updated Cross cultural training course equips the 21st century managers and executives with the necessary skills and competencies to work in a diverse multicultural work place and an international destination like UAE.
• Defining Culture, identify the major constituent factors in defining a particular culture including norms, customs, values and beliefs.
• Defining Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity and the need for it from a personal and professional point of view
• Concept of Cross cultural intelligence and Communication and its role and importance from a personal and professional point of view
• The Iceberg Concept of culture- Fallacy of Stereotyping and generalisation people
• Concept of culture shock, the common contributors to it, and primary coping strategies
• Understanding Lewis model for cross cultural analysis and its role as an analytical tool in defining behavior, International communication, Management, Business functions etc... across countries.
• Steps and strategies in establishing rapport and building trust in a multicultural work place
• Practical Cross cultural communication- concept of high context and low context cultures and how communication is affected.
• Interpretation and usage of Verbal skills, Body language and Active listening for effective cross cultural communication.
• Preparing yourself for an international and diverse work place. Techniques and factors to consider.
• Building trust, rapport and cooperation between staff in a culturally diverse workplace.
• and importance of Culture in a globalized work place.
• Defining cultural sensitivity, awareness, intelligence and communication and its implications in global work force.
• Recognizing the demand, learn techniques to foster trust, rapport and cooperation at work place through cultural understanding
• Concept of various cross cultural models including Lewis and Hofstede models and its practical usage.
• Identify various styles of verbal and nonverbal communication across cultures, and their social and business significance along with methods to overcome the communication barriers, arising out of cultural differences.
• The Training will be provided with the current learning standard.
• The training program is highly interactive with a combination of lectures, Prezi-presentations, practical examples, activities, role-plays, mock sessions, video presentations, discussions, energizers, Q&A and re-cap sessions etc.
• Courseware contain study material, handouts, and activity sheets etc.